Residence permit for a pensioner or retired foreigner who enters the Dominican Republic in order to establish residence in the country.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11.
• Residence Visa (RS).
• Inextense, apostilled or legalized Birth Certificate, as appropriate.
• Four (4) recent photographs, of the same set: two (2) front and two (2) right profile, size 2×2, white background.
• Certificate of No Criminal Record of your country of origin or of the country where you have resided in the last five (5) years.
• Certified proof of the origin of the pension.
• Dominican bank certification.
• Marriage certificate, declaration of singleness or proof of living together, apostilled or legalized.
• Guarantee policy contracted with insurers authorized by the DGM. You can go to Seguros Reservas, S.A. CLICKING HERE
• Medical examinations, in one of the institutions authorized by the DGM.
Procedure to follow
1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
5- The medical examination must be carried out within three (3) days after payment (including the day of payment), otherwise you must make the payment again. You must wait (10) ten days to know their results.
6- All documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be notarized, legalized and apostilled, as appropriate.
Hours of service
Deposit of file Pension Pension – RD$ 22,000.00
Issuance of residence card and proof of ID – RD$ 2,500.00
Medical exams – RD$ 4,500.00
Online: Making requests and taxes payment.
Face-to-face: Deposit and withdrawal of documents, and tax payments
URL to process the service: https://personal.migracion.gob.do