The General Directorate of Migration of the Dominican Republic, is the governmental body called to exercise the legal safeguard of the sovereignty of our territory through immigration control, compliance with the rules regarding the entry and exit of Dominican and foreign citizens, as well as the registration and regularization of the permanence in the national territory of those persons who meet the corresponding legal conditions according to the nature of their admission in the light of the law.
- To control the permanence of foreigners in relation to their migratory situation in the country, in accordance with the provisions of this law and its regulations.
- To grant residences, according to the categories and subcategories provided for in this law.
- To implement and execute the procedures of cancellation of the permanence of foreigners in the country, in accordance with the provisions of this law.
- To declare the non-admission of foreigners who do not meet the requirements of this law.
- To enforce the non-admission, deportation or expulsion ordered by competent authority.
- To establish agreements with private and public institutions in migratory matters, both in relation to the process itself of immigration control and regulation, as well as in relation to the impact and social and economic consequences of such process.
Manage and control the migratory flow and permanence of foreigners in the Dominican territory, helping to safeguard national security and sovereignty.
To be a modern institution at the forefront of technology, with efficient services in accordance with immigration policies, equipped with highly qualified personnel for the exercise of their functions, always attached to respect, laws, ethics and morals.
- Ethics: We work with morality, honesty and integrity.
- Responsibility: We comply with perseverance, dedication, conscientiousness and punctuality in the assigned functions.
- Collaboration: We interact in a coordinated manner with all State agencies that converge in National Security policies.
- Loyalty: We are identified and committed to our Institution even in adverse circumstances.
- Justice: We guarantee that the human rights of citizens are protected, always acting in accordance with the established legal norms.
Reduce the entry and exit of illegals in Dominican territory to improve the image of the country before other nations. Control and regularize the stay of foreigners who meet the established immigration requirements, in order that they are under legal status in the country.
The General Directorate of Migration is a State institution that provides social and institutional services necessary for the management of the control of migratory flows and the permanence of foreigners in the Dominican territory. We seek continuous improvement that helps us contribute to the safeguarding of national security and sovereignty.
We seek the satisfaction of user needs in an efficient, efficient and effective way; comply with current regulations and improve the quality management system by strengthening the skills of human talent, good management of public resources and administrative modernization.