Change of immigration status to Definitive Resident (RD-1). It is an extension of the residence permit, for an additional ten (10) years.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11.
• Original Permanent Residence Card.
• Personal Identity Card, only for verification.
• Two (2) recent front photographs, size 2×2.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.
Procedure to follow
1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
Hours of service
Definitive Residence Application – RD$ 20,000.00
Arrears of Permanent Residence – RD$ 600.00
Online: Application and tax payments.
Face-to-face: Delivery of the card.
URL to process the service: https://personal.migracion.gob.do
Note: The absence of the ID or the Resident Card must be supported by a complaint made before the National Police, with the specifications of the place.