Non-resident permit for foreigners entering the Dominican Republic in order to study in an officially registered study center. The validity of this permit is for one (1) year, renewable annually up to six (6) years.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months.
• Student Visa (E).
• Inextense, apostilled or legalized Birth Certificate, as appropriate.
• Four (4) recent photographs, of the same set: two (2) front and two (2) right profile, size 2×2, white background.
• Certificate of No Criminal Record of your country of origin or of the country where you have resided in the last five (5) years.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office, if you have more than six (6) months in the country.
• Proof of admission or registration of the Study Center, for the corresponding period.
• Medical insurance valid in the Dom. Rep., Approved by the General Directorate of Migration (DGM), in force for the corresponding study period.
• Proof of financial solvency to cover your studies and expenses during your stay in the Dominican Republic.
• Medical examinations, in one of the institutions authorized by the DGM.
• If you are a minor and one of the parents is the guarantor, you must attach a legal, apostilled and legalized Power of the other parent (authorizing the child’s regularization). If it is not in Spanish, it must be translated by a Dominican judicial interpreter.
Procedure to follow
1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
5- The medical examination must be carried out within three (3) days after payment (including the day of payment), otherwise you must make the payment again. You must wait (10) ten days to know their results.
6- All documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be notarized, legalized and apostilled, as appropriate.
Hours of service
Record Deposit – RD$ 5,000.00
Medical exams – RD$ 4,500.00
Loss of receipt – RD$ 500.00
(Download document attached below)
Online: Making requests and taxes payment.
Face-to-face: Deposit and withdrawal of documents, and tax payments.
Note: Special rates for students of Haitian nationality.
URL to process the service (if applicable): https://personal.migracion.gob.do
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION STUDENT PERMIT 345.02KB Fecha de subida: 23 October, 2019