Renewal of Permanent Residence (RP-1), for a period of (4) four years.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11.
• Original Permanent Residence Card.
• Personal Identity Card, only for verification.
• Two (2) recent photographs, front, size 2×2.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.
• Medical examinations, in one of the institutions authorized by the DGM, (if applicable).
Procedure to follow
1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
5- The medical examination must be carried out within three (3) days after payment (including the day of payment), otherwise you must make the payment again. You must wait (10) ten days to know their results.
6- All documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be notarized, legalized and apostilled, as appropriate.
Hours of service
Permanent Residence Renewal Application – RD$ 12,000.00
Delays of Permanent Residence Renewal – RD$ 600.00
Online: Application and tax payments
Face-to-face: Card delivery
URL to process the service: https://personal.migracion.gob.do
Note: The absence of the ID or the Resident Card must be supported by a complaint made before the National Police, with the specifications of the place.