Non-Resident Permit for foreigners entering the Dominican Republic in order to perform, temporarily, an artistic, sporting activity, study by exchange or voluntary service. The validity of this permit is for one (1) year, renewable annually up to four (4) years.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11.
• Multiple Business Visa (NM) or Student Visa (E), current.
• Copy of the air ticket back to your country.
• Four (4) recent photographs, of the same set: two (2) of front and two (2) of right profile, size 2×2, without jewels or accessories and bare ears, with the white background.
• Updated certification of the institution or company that guarantees the stay of the foreigner in the Dominican Republic, notarized and legalized in the Attorney General’s Office.
• Medical certificate.
• Medical insurance valid in the Dom. Rep., Approved by the General Directorate of Migration (DGM), in force for the corresponding study period.
Procedure to follow
1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
5- The medical examination must be carried out within three (3) days after payment (including the day of payment), otherwise you must make the payment again. You must wait (10) ten days to know their results.
6- All documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be notarized, legalized and apostilled, as appropriate.
Hours of service
Record Deposit – RD$ 7,000.00
Payment of stay – According to table of payment of stay
Payment of expired visa penalty – According to table payment of expired visa penalty
Online: Making requests and taxes payment.
Face-to-face: Deposit and withdrawal of documents, and tax payments.
URL to process the service: https://personal.migracion.gob.do