Change of immigration status to Permanent Resident (RP-1). It is an extension of the residence permit, for five (5) years, granted to that foreigner who has fulfilled the condition of Annual Renewal of his Ordinary Temporary Residence Permit (RT-9), during five (5) years of residence.
To whom this service is intended
• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11.
• Temporary Residence Card, original, current.
• Personal identity card, only for verification.
• Four (4) recent photographs, of the same set: two (2) in front and two (2) in profile, size 2×2, white background.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.
• Documents that guarantee your own financial solvency (bank letter, car registration, title deed, investment or savings certificate, etc.).
• Medical examinations, in one of the institutions authorized by the DGM.
Procedure to follow
1. Enter the DGM service portal. ( https://personal.migracion.gob.do/ )
1.1 register in the system (if you are registered, enter your username and password)
1.2. Choose the “application list” option, from the list of available services, choose the one you will request, and complete the required information on the forms.
1.3. the system will notify you about the status of your request
2- the scanned documents must be in .jpg format for the application via web.
3- the applicant has thirty (30) days to deposit all the original documents after having entered Dominican territory, otherwise, he must pay a penalty (see stay payment table). submit to the DGM with the original documentation plus a complete set of copies.
4- all documents in another language must be translated into Spanish, by the Dominican consulate in the applicant’s country of origin or by a judicial interpreter in the Dom.
5- At the end of the deposit of the required documentation, the authorization to carry out the medical examination and the approval of the payment of the services, the “document receipt form” for the withdrawal of the requested temporary residence will be delivered to the applicant, in case of being approved.
6- the medical examination must be done within three days after payment ( including the day of payment ), otherwise you must make the payment again. you must wait ten days to know the results of them.
7- all documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be duly notarized, legalized and apostilled as appropriate.
Hours of service
Permanent Resident Application – RD $ 12,000.00 (Download attachment below)
Online: Making requests and taxes payment
Face-to-face: Deposit and withdrawal of documents, and tax payments
URL to process the service: https://personal.migracion.gob.do
I- The absence of the Identity Card or the Resident Card must be supported by a complaint made before the National Police, with the specifications of the place.
II- Deposit the original documents in an 8½ x 11 folder.
Permanent Residence (RP-1). 92.07KB Fecha de subida: 24 October, 2019